Vacancy: Graphic Designer/Video Editor for Social Media
About the PES
The Party of European Socialists (PES) brings together the Socialist, Social Democratic, Labour and Democratic parties from all over the European Union, UK and Norway. Together with 33 full member parties and 12 associate and 12 observer parties, we fight for a better and more progressive Europe.
The fundamental values of the PES are democracy, freedom, equality, peace, justice, and sustainability. These values belong together and, combined, they form a moral compass to build progressive societies. We are committed to fighting for social justice, growth and jobs, consumer rights, clear rules for the financial sector, human rights and sustainable development around the world. We are working to shape progressive European policies and make Europe work for its people.
About the role: Graphic Designer/Video Editor for Social Media
We are looking for a creative person who – together with the rest of the communications team – can take the PES’ online channels to a new level.
The Graphic Designer/Video Editor for Social Media will join the communications team on a full- time basis to support the PES as it engages with the public through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media.
We are looking for a creative, innovative, person who can generate inventive ideas and deliver on specific communications requests in an engaging way. This role requires an excellent ability to balance a busy workload and meet tight deadlines.
Under the direction of the Communications Director, the Graphic Designer/Video Editor will produce graphics and video content exclusively for social media. Their work will reflect the current news cycle, covering areas such as the European institutions (Commission, Parliament, Council, Committee of the Regions etc.) and national and global news.
Designing PES communications visuals for online This will include mainly social media graphics, visuals, and charts, amongst other design tasks.
- Editing video to meet the communications objectives of the PES, including video clips for use on social media and at
- Contributing to achieving communications objectives with modern, intelligent and eye- catching graphic design and engaging video
- Curating a library of PES video and photo
- Report directly to the Communications
- Committed to the core values of the PES
- Minimum college degree or other relevant qualification in graphic design, video production or
- Professional experience in design/video
- Experience with relevant software – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier, After Effects etc. Experience and skills using cameras, microphones etc. is an
- The working language in the PES is English, good command of French, Dutch or another EU language is an
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness.
- A good command of Microsoft Office
Location: PES Headquarters, 10-12 Rue Guimard, 1040 Brussels (currently remote-working).
The PES can provide the successful applicant with an iMac for the remote working, if requested.
Duration: starting as soon as possible. Contact lasting one year, with the possibility of prolongation.
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV and a PDF or link with a show-reel of your design work to the PES communications team
at email@example.com and to the PES Human Resources department
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject: Graphic Designer/Video Editor for Social Media. The deadline for applications is 01/03/2021.
Candidates whose profiles best match the job description will be invited for an online interview.
The PES promotes equal opportunities