26/04/2019 If Europe doesn’t care for the people, the people won’t care for Europe - Ministers' Declaration
In the midst of intense negotiations around Europe’s budget for 2021-2027, PES European Affairs Ministers set out how the EU’s main financial tool can provide added value for citizens.
26/02/2019 Multiannual Financial Framework - Discussion paper Finance & Economy Network
The budget for the European Union determines the political priorities for the next seven years. It is one of the principal tools by which Europe’s current and long-term needs are addressed. This discussion paper outlines the state of play of the negotiations and how these may be progressed to achieve the PES’s vision for the future.
26/02/2019 Fiscal Justice in the Digital Sphere - Discussion paper Finance & Economy Network
This working paper explores how global tax rules can be rewritten to promote fiscal justice in the digital sphere. Specifically, this discussion paper assesses digital services taxes within the context of the ongoing debate around tax justice, the business models of firms operating in the digital economy, and tax avoidance and competition between states.
23/02/2019 PES Manifesto, 2019
The programme of the PES for the European elections 2019, organised around 6 main topics: Equality and Solidarity; Democracy and Human Rights; Environment and Sustainability; Youth and Future; Gender Equality; Asylum and Migration.
07/12/2018 For a Europe of gender equality and empowered women
The Lisbon Resolution resumes the women’s situation of the last two years in the world, where they globally stood up to claim their rights and tell the world that they have had enough; enough of being paid less than men for the same work; enough of not being free to decide about their own bodies; enough of being harassed or abused at work, enough of being made to stay at home and fulfil traditional roles. The Resolution outlines the political will of PES Women and PES to advance gender equality across all fields and sectors by calling for an EU Gender Equality Strategy.
07/12/2018 Equal societies: Social Europe
The European economy is showing sluggish signs of economic recovery. Tax evasion and fraud bite off national budgets. The protective fence of the euro is not yet complete. Outlining the main features of a New Social Contract for Europe, this Congress-adopted resolution sets out the employment and social agenda of the PES in the run-up to the 2019 European elections.
07/12/2018 A healthy environment and food, green growth and modern industries
The PES Congress Resolution highlights the need to change our economic model towards sustainability, fight climate change, implement a just transition to a carbon-neutral society and protect nature from pollution and waste.
Policies of the PES
Functioning of the PES
- PES Statutes, 11th PES Congress, Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- PES Presidency members, 11th PES Congress, Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- For a Europe of gender equality and empowered women (EN, DE, ES, FR, PT), adopted by the PES Congress in Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- Progressive economy (EN, DE, ES, FR, PT), adopted by the PES Congress in Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- Social Europe (EN, DE, ES, FR, PT), adopted by the PES Congress in Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- A healthy environment and food, green growth and modern industries (EN, DE, ES, FR, PT), adopted by the PES Congress in Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- For a stronger democracy in Europe (EN, DE, ES, FR, PT), adopted by the PES Congress in Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- For fair and progressive asylum and migration policies that work for all (EN, DE, ES, FR, PT), adopted by the PES Congress in Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- Empowering youth (EN, DE, ES, FR, PT), adopted by the PES Congress in Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- For a fair, sustainable, peaceful and prosperous world (EN, DE, ES, FR, PT), adopted by the PES Congress in Lisbon, 7 December 2018
- Selecting the PES Common Candidate in 2019, decision adopted by the PES Presidency on 20 June 2018
- Resolution on the future of Europe (other languages: FR, DE) adopted by the PES Council on 1 December 2017
- Resolution on common candidate (other languages: FR, DE, ES, PT) adopted by the PES Council on 1 December 2017
- PES LGBTI Roadmap, 16 June 2017
- PES Roadmap toward 2019 (FR) (ES)
- For a Tolerant, Inclusive and Democratic Europe (FR) (ES)
- Towards a Strong Progressive Global Agenda (FR) (ES)
- PES Presidency Resolution: Media Freedom in Serbia
- PES Manifesto EN - FR - ES - DE - IT - RO - BG - PT - ET - SL - EL - PL - HU, 25 May 2014
- PES Fundamental Programme (EN) (ES), 23 June 2013
- Europe our Common Future, Celebrating 20 years of PES, 2013
- Structure and composition of PES Working bodies, adopted by the Presidency on 18 February 2013
- Operating rules for PES activists, adopted by the Presidency on 18 February 2013
- Elected Presidency, September 2012
- New members, September 2012
- Declaration of principles (FR) (DE) (ES), adopted by the Council, 24 November 2011
- Our common candidate for 2014 (FR) (DE) (ES), adopted by the Council, 24 November 2011
- 'Ethics in politics: For strong moral conduct through a strong moral code', Presidency declaration, 14 April 2011
- A democratic and transparent process for designating the PES candidate for the European Commission Presidency, PES Council Resolution, Warsaw, 2 December 2010
- PES activists initiative, 4 February 2010
- A New Way Forward, A Stronger PES, adopted by the PES Congress in Prague, 7-8 December 2009
- PES declaration on SMER suspension from PES, October 2006
- Resolution on the change of status of member parties from Bulgaria & Romania, 19 May 2005